Sunday, June 10, 2007

When Yesterday was better than Today.

Well a friend once told me,

"The Day you think you yesterdays are better than your todays,
It time for you to do something about it. To make you todays just as good"

Well, I did do something about it 6 years ago. I changed my life, I made my Todays, my only day. I lived for the day. I took each day as it came. I made some great friends and I completely changed as a person. There was nothing that I wanted at that time but make my life different.

That was a stage in my life where I wanted a fresh slate, and to my good fortune I got it. I might have taken it a bit far. And like one of my best friends once said, I developed a new trait, a need to prove myself. To show what I am made of. To show I am good. Something which i didn't really need to do.

Over those 6 years I matured as a person, I overcame a lot of my insecurities and made a lot of great friends. I also learned a lot about people and relationships along the way. I might have as a result become a little less trusting of all people, but very trusting of others. It's a trait I have noticed in myself over the years. I tend to take people at face value a lot. Maybe that's my nature, I am what you get, good or bad, but that's not how the world works, and I am learning that the hard way. I went from a boy out of school, to the guy I am today but my nature has not changed much, I am trusting, angry, loving, honest(at least to myself) and try to be happy.

I have always tried to smile, No matter what, I have tried to smile, when I am feeling down I look in the mirror and give myself a big bright smile, I perks me up a bit. As a result I may get pushed around a bit, not everyone takes me seriously, but this is not a trait I really want to get rid off.

I met someone along the way, that someone changed my life. She has been my emotional support, a friend, a sister, she has always been there for me, through the thick and the thin. She has been wonderful.

And then there was that girl, she came into my life and my life that was taking it's second downward turn and she turned it right back up. I fell in love. She is the most loving person I ever met and I find it really difficult to express any feeling about her. She's my world.

Through all my years, I had taken 2 people for granted. My Parents. They were always there when I needed them and I never thought twice to ask them for help. Their influence over my life is profound to say the least. Over the last few years I have come to see my folks in many lights, but I wont go over that online. Let's just say they mean the world to me.

There have been those friends, who have always told me the truth no matter what, friends who have been my listening posts for years, My friends who take me for what I am, and don't try and change me.

Well, Is this blog making any sense?

Did you notice anything strange about the tense of the entire blog?

Yes, it's in past tense. I am in a new world now and I find my self back where I started, and I remember the line my friend told me that day,

"The Day you think you yesterdays are better than your todays,
It time for you to do something about it. To make you todays just as good"

Well this time around, I am not going to change anything about me or my life.

I am in a new phase of my life.

A phase where my past influences still exist and I very much want them to be a part of my life. My Love, My parents, My sister, my best friends.

But this phase is about me.

This is going to be about how I take my yesterdays and still make them a part of my todays, even though most of my yesterdays are half way across the globe.

These todays are going to be about how I take my life forward, without leaving my past behind.
In a world where work seems to be everything, I need to strike a balance between, Life and Life at work....

My need to prove myself is showing it's face at work and that I am sure can be tapped to get the best out of me.

Well yes, today my yesterdays seem wonderful, but my todays don't seem to bad either. I just need to strike a balance. A way to make my Yesterday a part of my today.

Rahul..

2 comments:

  1. Damn good blog! :) :) :) made me ponder over a lot of things 'cause am at the crossroads too :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:((

    ReplyDelete

What did "You" think?