Monday, September 29, 2008

Rock On - Movie Review

Rock On.

Rock On.

A movie about a band that had problems broke up and how each of the guys went their own separate ways.

It's a simple story about friendships and the various facets of human existence. At the end of the day it's a simple Hindi movie, with a very standard story line.What sets this movie apart though is it's sound track. It's amazing how Rock music fits in so perfectly in hindi music. Shankar Eahsaan and Loy have done a tremendous job.

There aren't any acting performances of note in this movie, most of the actors actually look very amateurish, but if I had to pick out one performance it will be of the lead, Farhan Akhtar.. Yeah the director turned actor, actually can act.. It's remarkable. After a long time in hindi cinema have I seen a actor, who does not have to look like a model. He looks like any other normal guy.

One thought that kept coming back into my mind when I was watching this movie though was, Arjun Rampal's mouchtach. I've not seen a worse stick on mouch even in school skits.. I'm sure they could have done a better job of making him look older.

All in all I'd say it's a time pass movie. If you have a free evening and don't know what to do, you could do worse than watch this movie. But no matter what you do, get the album if you are a fan of rock music. You like it after you hear it the first 2 or 3 times. It's really Rocking..

I'll give this movie.. 3.5 out of 5

Rahul..

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did "You" think?