Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Avatar IMAX 3D - Review

AVATAR - IMAX 3D

I know, I know.. Over 2 months after it's release.. After it's become the biggest blockbuster ever... Dude your late.

Well everyone who saw this movie told me not to watch it in 2D. It had to be in 3D. So this last Sunday, my wife and I set out to watch this movie in the afternoon.Guess what... It was sold out. So, we bought tickets for the next show (which was by the way 4 hours later) and set out to do some other work. We returned to the theater an hour before our show was to start, thinking we'd be the first in line. Guess what.. we weren't. There were 4 folks already in line. Well it's a 3D movie and I guess everyone wanted the best seats in the house. We were no different I guess. We got in right in the center of the theater, supposedly the best seats in the house.

To top it off, this was the first IMAX full feature movie that we had seen. The only other 3D movies that we had seen before this were some Discovery channel specials. Trust me, they aren't worth the time or the money. So needless to say, I was curious. What was the big deal? I in fact even Goggled to to find out the difference between Real3D and IMAX 3D, I wanted us to get the best movie viewing experience ever...

So, was this movie really worth all this Hype....
Frankly, I don't think so. It was visually the most stunning movie that I have seen. But it does not have much of a story. It's a standard Masala movie visually stunning action scenes and breathtaking animation. It's about evil plundering humans and their quest for "Unobtainium" on the planet of Pandora.The planet is a green wonderland that's inhabited by a large variety of creatures and a humanoid species known as the Nabi. So as you may have guessed the movie about their fight for survival. Since humans can't move around the planet freely, they use robotic war suits and experimental "Nabi Avatars" who are bred from Human and Nabi DNA. Well this goes on and on, but by this point most of us have guessed where the story is going by now. So I'll stop here and tell you what I think about it. Being the first time I've seen a 3D movie, I was considerably impressed with the effects and the colors. I haven't seen so many colors in a movie before this. You really feel that the Nabi are real and you can really relate to them. The movie is seamless between live action and animation. Just for the graphics, the fast paced nature of the movie, watch it once. But please, don't get your hopes up. Just enjoy the ride and go home. 


If I have to rate it, It's just 3.5 on 5..

Rahul

For those wondering... Real 3D uses a single projector v.s.IMAX 3D which has 2.. So apparently, IMAX is better, because it can show more detail and clarity, oh yeah and it has a bigger screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did "You" think?