Sunday, December 09, 2007

Why watch movies?

Why do we watch movies? Why do we spend 2 hours watching fiction?

Different people have different reasons... Well most just like to spend a few hours lost in a fictional world marveling in the wonders of story telling.

There are those of us who enjoy seeing things blown up or watching movies about wars or maybe just mindless killing.

But honestly, which are the movies that really touch your heart. They are the movies about Human interaction, movies about relationships, Good or bad, the way the relationships are portrayed are what capture our imagination.

I love watching movies about the human spirit, or movies about relationships, I admit that movies about love capture my imagination more than others because I find them easier to relate to... But a movie good when I pulls you in and makes you feel a part of the story or makes it easy for you to find your story in the movie.

There are so many times when I watch a movie where there are scenes that I think were so wonderful, seems just like me and my girl. But that's just me..

I still enjoy a movie that makes you laugh from start to finish, those movies are meant to forget your troubles for a few hours and just be lost in the moment.

But movies and the stories they convey are more than just entertainment at times, they can be quite therapeutic if they make you laugh, cry or remember your emotions for a few hours they make you whole again in this hard nosed corporate world.

Well that's my opinion anyway..

PS. If you are wondering.. Yes, I wrote this blog just after watching a movie...

Rahul...

1 comment:

  1. I know it's crazy for me to be replying to a mindless post like that , but here you have it. Proof that more than one people actually read the stuff you come up with :)

    Which movie was this, btw?
    I recently watched this movie called "A Walk to Remember", and loved every moment of it.

    if you like mushy stuff like I do, you'd love it :) Perfect for the cozy sunday afternoon, sitting on the sofa, with another hand wrapped around yours :P Too bad we're not gonna get that too soon... :(

    ReplyDelete

What did "You" think?