Monday, November 12, 2007

Keep 'em Close.

Ever wondered how important friends are? How they impact our lives? What our lives would be without them in it.


I guess we all know the importance of those precious few. Those friends whom we never lose touch with no matter where we go.


What about the rest. The ones you have had a good time with or a short friendship with at some point in your life.. Most of us don't really bother to keep in touch with them too much.

I was really taken aback by my attitude in this regard when one of my friends. He and I have been friends from longer than I can remember, but as time went on our lives took different paths and we lost touch. It did not really matter to me if I knew where he was or how he was doing. But then one day we met for Lunch and I felt,

"Well it's not right, to take any friendship lightly or brush it aside. No matter how close or how far you are, No matter how well or how little you know each other. A friend is a friend is a friend. Even if you don't make an effort to keep in touch, don't push your friends away".


I guess Orkut helps a lot a us in this regard. Helps me atleast say the occasional Hi to a friend I have not met in a while. Or catch up with a close friend I have not had the chance to talk to.. Or to just reminisce with friends I met just a day earlier.


The point is, no matter how.

Friends are important. Keep them close. If nothing else, they can bring a smile to your face.

Rahul...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did "You" think?