Sunday, October 28, 2007

Rahul's Blah - Really Don't Know what to Call this Blog... Too Many things in One..

Topics in my blog have ranged from the Mundane to the Thought provoking to the Really Really Personal.

I have been an on and off blogger for over two years now. When I discovered this medium of communication, I found for myself an outlet to one of my favorite pass times. I love to write. No matter what it is about. The subject matter more often than not has reflected my mood at the current time. Of course I know my writing at times seems to ramble on with out getting to the point, but that has more to do with the flow of thoughts in my mind than the actual inability to write.

Over the years I must have tried to maintain a diary (Unsuccessfully) documenting the tings that have happened in my life. I used to write in my diary for a few weeks or a best months and then I would slack off and completely forget that I ever had one. Then sometime down the road the urge would be back to write, to log my thoughts and feelings and it would be back a New diary with new new events.

This stop and start nature has continued with my blog as well. But it has been the longest I have ever kept up with anything to do with writing that I have started.
Blogging in a sense gives me this strange kind of release where I know I might be read one day or the next and it not being written for no one to ever see again.

The possibility is always there that what I have written gets read by those close to me and they know what I am feeling and how I am doing. I remember one such blog that provoked quite a strong reaction once.

But then I have to say, Rahul on the blog world is Anonymous, on most occasions Posts here are not things I discuss while I am not on my blog. In a sense it is a release a way for me to share my thoughts and feelings.

I love comments, I love responses. I like most people like to know that others read my blog. But like most journals, my online journal seems to be quite repetitive in a sense. Moods and feelings that come and go, when documented all seem to similar.

Although I have been blogging for a long time now, I have started reading blogs only off late. I find that a lot of us find that our blogs give us the easiest ways to vent our feelings. Not too many of us actually publicize our blogs, of course we make it known that we have one and it is open for all to see. Reading certain blogs at times makes me feel so close to friends I have not met in a long time or even those that I do not know very well. I has reinforced a lot of friendships for me.

The frequency of my blogs has increased exponentially since I have come to U.S.A. Well I guess the reason for that is quite simple. I was surrounded by the people I love back home and other than the odd instance or thought that really captured my imagination that I felt needed to be blogged I hardly ever did. I would start of every 3rd or 4th blog with . Wow it's been a while... But here, it is my way to keep in touch with friends and family, for people I know to hear my thoughts and perhaps hear my voice in these words.

Sentimental I know, but that's who I am a Cancerian through and through, I an really attached to my love, my family and my friends. Keeping in touch has never seemed out of my mind.

Today I am blogging only because I wanted to write. I put my fingers on the keyboard and what ever is coming out is from my heart. I know it is tough to give this particular blog a subject as it seems to cover a whole gambit of thoughts. Well I guess it's all about Rahul's Blah...

1 comment:

  1. Continue blogging :) i enjoy reading your blogs :) :)

    ReplyDelete

What did "You" think?