Wednesday, May 02, 2007

So how Important is English?

English. The language we all speak everyday. The language I am writing this in now. How important is this language. What would you do if you did not know English? Well I guess you would not be reading my blog for starters.

Anyway the idea of this post is to talk about the various different types of English. I mean we all speak the same language right. How come we don't understand each other at times? Of course I am not talking about what I am writing here, it's more about spoken English. Why does it sound so different.

English is second nature to most of us. So when you speak to a person from another country, but still speaking the same language it feels very different when you strain to understand what they are saying. Is it an inadequacy in our understanding or is it just that English is not one language but many, Indian, Asian, American, Australian, European, and the English English. Maybe we all speak similar languages, not the same. It has the same script but sounds different. But it serves the same purpose. We can communicate.

Well we have to agree that it is the only language that most of the world can understand. That's how important this language is.

P.S : Rambled on a bit in this post. It's a bit incoherent. Well just felt like writing. It happens I guess.

Rahul

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! you can't comprehend my English. How on earth will u manage American, Australian etc :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

    ReplyDelete

What did "You" think?